Subject to the conditions stated herein, Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America Inc. (MEAA) warrants to the original retail purchaser (Customer) that any Heavy Duty (HD) starter or HD alternator (Product) sold under the MEAA "DIAMOND GARD ALL MAKES" program shall have a Diamond Gard Warranty (the Warranty). Product covered by the Diamond Gard Warranty is warranted for all mechanical failures and from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and proper maintenance for 3 years from the date of installation (the Start Date of the Warranty). Diamond Gard part numbers included under this warranty are listed at: diamond-gard.com. There is no mileage limitation with this Warranty.
- MEAA has the sole determination as to the warrantability of the Product.
- MEAA's warranty policy provides for reimbursement to the Customer for parts and labor, if replaced by an approved service center. Standard repair time and labor rates will be honored. Replacement part cost will be reimbursed at a rate based on the lesser of the actual cost or MSRP as shown on this website.
- Claim must be filed online as described below in "Filing a Claim". Claims may be filed online by either the Customer, or by a Dealer or a Distributor on behalf of the Customer.
MEAA'S OBLIGATION UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
- Warranty claims must be submitted within 30 days.
- The non-functioning Product must be replaced with a newly purchased Mitsubishi Electric Diamond Gard Product.
- The Product and the required documentation must be returned to MEAA, at MEAA expense, for examination and analysis by MEAA. A UPS shipping label will be created as the claim is filed online.
- The failed product must be packaged sufficiently to ensure no damage during transit – preferably using the MEAA Diamond Gard packaging received with the replacement product.
- MEAA's examination must disclose to its satisfaction that the failure was not due to one of the Warranty Exclusions shown below:
- No Trouble Found (NTF) Product as determined by MEAA.
- NTF Products will be returned, if requested as the claim is files. Customer must provide their UPS or FedEx account number when filing the claim.
- As applies to the returned NTF product, the balance of the original Warranty will be honored.
- The Product failed due to any of the following;
- Physical abuse (handling or intentional damage, etc.).
- Improper installation (over/under torque or installed in a non-approved application)
- Damage caused by an engine manufacturer defect.
- The Product was altered/modified in any way.
FILING A CLAIM:
All Warranty Claims must be filed directly with MEAA, using our “Online Warranty Submission Process” as shown on www.Diamond-Gard.com.
An online form, available by clicking on the link below, begins the process of filing an online form. With the completion and submission of the online submission form, an RMA number will be system generated and applied. Once submitted, you will be linked to a UPS screen. Upon completion of the UPS form, a pre-paid UPS label will be available for printing.
An email will be sent immediately to the email address you provide, confirming your successful submission. The email will include the completed form for printing. Please print (2) copies; one for your records and one to be included in the box with the returned product, along with the additional documentation described below.
If you have questions about the filing of a claim, please contact the MEAA Warranty coordinator at 1-888-MELCO4U – ext. #2.
To begin the process of filing an online warranty claim, click on the link below:
Documentation required with a Warranty Claim Shipment:
All Documentation noted below to be safely included in the box with the Product when returned to MEAA. PLEASE keep a copy of all documents submitted.
- Applicable to ALL Warranty Claims - A fully completed Warranty Request Form, received as an email attachment upon completing the submission;
- For Approved Service Center Replacements - A copy of the invoice for the replacement Diamond Gard All Makes Product and a copy of the Service Center shop order and invoice for installation labor of the replacement Diamond Gard All Makes Product
- For Non-Approved Service Center Replacements - A copy of the invoice for the cost of the replacement Diamond Gard All Makes Product.
This Limited Warranty Policy for Diesel Products does not apply to products supplied by Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America, Inc. to heavy and medium duty truck manufacturers for installation as original equipment or service replacement parts. The vehicle/equipment manufacturer's warranty governs exclusively in those cases.
This Limited Warranty is exclusive and no other warranty, whether written or oral, is expressed or implied. MEAA specifically disclaims any implied warranty or merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose, which shall not be applicable under any circumstances whatsoever.
This Limited Warranty shall constitute the sole and exclusive remedy of all purchasers and users of the Product. Under no circumstances shall MEAA be liable for damages, whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential by reason of any defective products, breach of this Limited Warranty, breach of contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise. In no event shall MEAA be liable for any amount in excess of the purchase price paid for any starter or alternator found to be defective and the cost of labor to install a replacement starter or alternator if installation is performed by an authorized dealer.
This Limited Warranty shall be subject to and construed solely in accordance with the laws of the United States of American and the State of Michigan, without regard to its principles of conflicts of law. The parties specifically negate and disclaim the applicability of the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods to this Limited Warranty or any transaction or dispute arising hereunder.
Some states may not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental, special, or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. To the extent any provision of this Limited Warranty violates the law of any applicable jurisdiction, such provisions shall be inapplicable in such jurisdictions to the extent of such prohibition, and the remainder of this Limited Warranty shall not be affected thereby